Is it work experience or work experiences?
Experience is an uncountable noun so there is no need to add an s. Work experiences is incorrect.
Do you say experience or experiences?
The plural of “experience” is “experiences”. “Experience” can never mean more than one experience, but it can be used to describe a person or group’s collective experience.
Is work experience singular or plural?
The noun work experience is uncountable. The plural form of work experience is also work experience.
How do you say work experience?
How to answer “What work experience do you have?”
- Use simple, active statements. It’s best to use clear statements with strong verbs to effectively outline your skills and abilities. …
- Provide only necessary details. …
- Quantify your experience. …
- Illustrate the connections. …
- End with a goal statement.
What is meant by work experiences?
Work experience | Business English
A period of time during which a young person, usually a student, works for a company or organization in order to get experience of a particular type of work: Networking, work experience, and shadowing are now usual steps on the path to employment.
Can i use experiences?
Experiences is a plural noun, and When you use it in this form you are talking about a particular incident or incidents that have affected you. For example: It was interesting hearing about his experiences during the war. Experience can also be a verb. It means something that happens to you, or something you feel.
Is work experience a countable noun?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishRelated topics: Employment, Training ˈwork exˌperience noun [Uncountable] 1 the experience you have had of working in a particular type of job She’s well qualified but has no relevant work experience.
How do you write work experience on a resume?
How to write experience in a resume
- Include your previous employers. …
- Mention your job location. …
- Specify the dates of employment. …
- Write your job title. …
- List your responsibilities. …
- Mention your promotions. …
- List your awards and recognitions. …
- Choose the right work experience format.
What’s another word for work experience?
Synonyms for Work experience:
- N. •Other relevant words: (noun) managerial, creative, presenteeism, redundant, caseload, secretarial, unwaged, professionally, workfare.
- Other synonyms: • delegation, collaboration, division of labor, call, appointment, calling. • busywork, baby, day job, consultancy, Child Labor, cover,
What is the short form of work experience?
WEX. Also found in: Dictionary, Financial, Wikipedia.
What is the verb form of experience?
Verb. Experienced; experiencing. Definition of experience (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to have experience of : undergo experienced severe hardships as a child.
Which article is used with experience?
Lessons learned from experience are the most lasting. That being said, you can draw attention to a specific, known subset of the general concept by adding the Definite article “the”. So this sentence is also fine: The lessons learned from experience are the most lasting.
How do you say little experience?
Having little experience or a low level of education – thesaurus
- Inexperienced. adjective. lacking experience.
- Uneducated. adjective. not having had much education.
- Untrained. adjective. not trained to do a particular job.
- Unqualified. adjective. …
- Illiterate. adjective. …
- Uninitiated. adjective. …
- Unskilled. adjective. …
- Untried. adjective.
How do you write a work experience sentence?
We offer work experience in a high quality setting that will hold you in good stead for the rest of your career. He did some work experience in radio, writing travelogs. Confirmation of official study or work experience abroad is required by Underwriters.
Is experience countable or uncountable?
The word experience means an event when it is countable. Think about an event or incident that left a big impression on you. In this case, we can use “experiences” for the plural because we can count these experiences. I have had great experiences while traveling the world.
What is the noun of experience?
Experience. noun. noun. /ɪkˈspɪriəns/ 1[uncountable] The knowledge and skill that you have gained through doing something for a period of time; the process of gaining this to have more than ten years of teaching experience Do you have any previous experience with this type of work?